Two minutes, two times a day can often sound like a nightmare if you have been blessed with a child who doesn't like to take time out of their day to brush. I often get this questions when talking to parents, it's a battle I have known all to well having 3 children of my own.
It doesn't have an easy answer I am afraid to say and often takes inventive strategies that will at times have to be changed up to keep your child interested. Below I will list some of the new products and tips you may want to add to your arsenal of ideas.
1. Download the Oral B brushing app for children "Disney Magic Timer". Then if needed to keep it interesting find others like Aquafresh Time 2 Brush, Happy Teeth, Healthy Kids,and Brush up to name a few.
2. Try a power toothbrush, they are great for removing plaque, talk about tickling the sugar bugs off their teeth. Always make sure the brush head isn't to bulky for your child's mouth
3. Several company's have a version of the flashing toothbrush handle that will flash for the recommended two minutes.
4. Take your child to a hygienist that is animated and loves to treat children. As a mother I know that sometimes my children listen to there teachers more than me and I think having someone else passing on the info in a fun way can have a huge impact.
5. Download fun brushing sheets you can post on your fridge or child's room and have a small reward when your child has a month of good brushing habits.
6. Two minute egg timers are always a good option to try
7. Tooth fairy dust! On nights when brushing has been a struggle sprinkle fairy dust (glitter) on the counter of your bathroom and have your child watch my tooth fairy helper video you see below.
So I have given you seven new options to try, let me know how it goes by leaving a comment!
Have your own tip, I would love to hear it.
Hanover Dental Hygiene Care
519 506 8586